What is an appeal? Simply put, an appeal is a disagreement. Meaning, you disagree with your assessment. The assessment is the amount we believe you could sell your property for.
In our efforts to provide easy and simple ways for property owners to appeal their property assessment we have created this “Online Appeal” option allowing you to explain why you disagree with your property assessment and provide documentation to validate your appeal.
Types of documentation to validate your appeal may include:
- Appraisal by state licensed/certified appraiser, within past 2 years, complete copy
- Neighborhood sold comps
- Insurance declaration page with replacement cost
- Photos of needed repairs
- Interior/exterior photos
Deadlines for appeals are as follows:
- July 20, 2020 – Last day to appeal to the PVA
- July 21, 2020 – Last day to file appeal to the County Board of Assessment Appeals
- August 19, 2020 – Board of Assessment Appeals Hearing
A complete, detailed description of the appeal process is located here.
Last day to file an appeal online is July 17, 2020.
After this deadline you must appeal via telephone,
fax or in-person at the PVA office.